01. What are your nicknames?
FCD, Ambergris…I have rather a lot of them.
02. How does your hair look currently?
Dripping wet. But at least I got the cough syrup out.
03. What’s new in your life right now?
My novella, One Good Turn, came out a week ago in paperback (SMART ASS: Close Quarters) and not long before that in ebook form (TURNER & TURNER: One Good Turn). The ebook made the top ten sellers list at All Romance eBooks, which is gratifying, and has garnered a couple of nice reviews.
04. How many colours are you wearing now?
Two: beige and periwinkle. (Nothing matches periwinkle.)
05. Are you an introvert or extrovert?
I finally read an explanation of this dichotomy that made sense. Introverts are enervated by crowds, while extroverts are energized by them. I like being around people, but crowds exhaust me.
06. What was the last book you read?
Fearless Fourteen, by Janet Evanovich
08. Who is your favorite super hero?
09. Is there anything that has made you happy these days?
Oh, my–yes! One thing stands out for being predictable, which makes me very happy. We stopped to pick up a wrist-corsage for my son’s Senior Prom date, and when my son went to the restroom both the shop ladies came over to me and heaped compliments on him–so thoughtful!–so polite!–such a NICE boy!
I also attended a Teen Poetry Slam this week. Only one girl showcased her ignorance. The others chose words with verve, precision and and no little sophistication. The MC also introduced me to a call-and-response word game he calls Staccato, which was fun. While we’re listing things that have made me happy, did I mention One Good Turn came out?
10. What’s your current obsession?
11. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
Ready for what?
12. What websites do you visit daily?
My email, my crit group (RWU), a Charlaine Harris forum, and Pandora.
13. What was the last story you wrote?
I’m finishing up Turner & Turner: Turncoat, the sequel to Turner & Turner: One Good Turn.
14. What’s the last thing you laughed about?
I shook a bottle of cough syrup, opened it, got distracted, set it down, took care of other things, got back to the cough syrup and — you guessed it — shook the bottle again. It’s elderberry-based, so that stain will be a permanent reminder. Might as well laugh. (Yes, I bellowed some unprintables before I got around to laughing.)
15. What’s the last song that got stuck in your head?
Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics.
16. What’s the last movie you saw?
Last theater movie I saw was probably Goblet of Fire. Don’t remember, really. (No, I don’t get out much.)
17. Do you buy or download the movies you watch?